Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
What does it mean to have a healthy body and healthy mind? Can one exist without the other? Do we need to add the healthy soul?
’Some people have a foolish way of not
minding, or pretending not to mind, what they eat. For my part, I mind
my belly very studiously, and very carefully; for I look upon it, that
he who does not mind his belly will hardly mind anything else.’ ~ Samuel Johnson
Interestingly enough, over three hundred years ago, the English author and poet, Samuel Johnson, made a timely quote. Indeed, his comments are relevant today, as most health experts state that in order to control your risk for developing heart disease and other diseases, you need to keep your abdominal fat down.
If you are a man with a waist measurement of over 40 inches, or a woman with a waist of over 35 inches, your risk for disease starts to go up dramatically. Yet more Americans than ever are obese.
Our lives have become so hectic and goal oriented, that we totally disconnect with our bodies. In our journey through life,
we need to re-integrate our bodies back into our lives, back into our
mind and soul. The reintegration is vital in order to have a healthy
body, healthy mind and healthy soul.
When we fail to listen to our
bodies, which are a reflection of our souls, we instead live the
emotional roller coaster of chronic stress that feeds dis-ease, injury
and illness. You can only integrate your body-mind-soul through the
daily practices that lead to wholeness. A healthy body creates a healthy
mind and soul.
You must commit to healthy lifestyle changes and healthy lifestyle habits
that will create healing in your life. Health is a process of being
that comes only when you believe that your body, mind and soul are sublimely intertwined.
What you do to one, you do to the other.
If you abuse your body, you
abuse your mind and your soul. You know how to care for your body, mind and soul. In order to have a healthy lifestyle, you just choose it and do it! Absolutely no ifs, ands or buts!
Your Body Window
is the most important tool for you to access your inner self and create both a healthy body and a healthy mind.
Alpenglow at sunrise in the Sunlight drainage under Jagged Peak, CO
The following are key points in maintaining your body-mind-soul health:
- Learning to listen to your body, as described above, to find where your personal issues of stress-holding lie. See how to do a body scan, if you are not familiar with this concept in my article called, Developing Intuition By Using Your Body.
- Creating joyful and mindful movement that you will stick to because it's fun and your heart and soul loves it! I call this "Intuitive Movement." It works so much better than exercise regiments that come and go with whatever is popular at the moment. It is imperative that you learn to listen to your body, especially when it comes to pushing yourself through a joyless exercise program, in the belief that you are doing something good for yourself.
- You need to learn to manage strong emotions so your body does not absorb the negativity and pain. You can learn to feel it and heal it! If you wish to learn how, read How Emotions Affect Our Body. Learning to feel it and heal it will keep your body healthy and therefore your mind and soul as well.
you need to add a daily meditation practice to still your craziness and
quiet the external noise. You must learn to become present to yourself
in order to heal yourself. The Benefits of Meditation/Centered Prayer will help you plan for this.
- Staying positive and Creating Positive Affirmations for Health
are vital in moving forward with your Body Window messages. Learning to love your situation, instead of always believing that you need to change it, is a matter of how you view life. It is your thoughts that change, not the situation, to provide you with a healthy body and
healthy mind. Learn how to maximize your body's healing capacity through the powerful healing hormones called endorphins.
- Healthy Eating
as a source of energy and nourishment in the body-mind-soul is an issue
that you need to address. My approach is one of simple,
non-stress-producing and non-dieting tips.
- If you wish to lose weight, you can try my healthy weight loss tips for a healthy body and a healthy mind. Often if you just change your eating habits to more healthy choices, the weight loss is automatic.
- Create a Sacred Space
to shelter you, spiritually, mentally and perhaps physically to help
you separate from the hectic activities of daily living. This place is
sacred to you, and will always be there for you for healing and health. A
healing space is essential for a healthy body and a healthy mind, even if it
is only a metaphorical space.
If you develop these healthy
lifestyle habits, you will have a healthy body, healthy mind and healthy
soul and this will lead to wholeness and health in your body-mind-soul.
Similar Articles of Interest
Can't find what you're looking for? Search this website:
Body Window Home
Healthy Lifestyle Habits
Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
Support This Website and Its Mission
Thank you so much for considering a donation to help support this website. I appreciate your thank-you for access to so much free information. It is because of you, that I also am able to assist others who do not have the means and who are unable to afford my consultative services. If you feel you have been blessed by this website, thank-you for your donation! I promise, that I will continue to provide you with lots of information and pay it forward to all in whatever way I can!
© Copyright 2009-2020, by Elle Bieling, BodyWindow.com
All Rights Reserved
Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Checker ~ Do not copy content from this page.
Information on this website is not intended for medical advice. See your health care provider for any health concerns. By using this website and/or practicing any yoga postures, foam rolling exercises or other physical movements contained herein, you are agreeing that you are in good health, cleared by your healthcare professional to participate in physical activities and you release The Body Window from any liability involved in the practice.